These 9 remote islands located in the Mid-Atlantic Ocean are a perfect destination to relax and explore 'Old World' European Charm at its finest! Here its as if time stands still and Mother Nature is on full display with all of her unique flora and fauna which is represented throughout the archipelago.
Sao Miguel Island ‘The Green Island’: The largest island in the Azores and the 2nd of the 9 islands to be discovered in the 15th century is the island of Sao Miguel “Saint Michael’s Island” otherwise known as the “green island”. Historians have recorded that when Goncalo Velho Cabral; the famous Portuguese explorer and his crewmates first made contact with the island they were shocked at all the exotic vegetation that overwhelmed this isolated volcanic island; located on the western European coastline in the Mid-Atlantic ocean.
The Azores: Europe’s Eco-Friendly Islands in the Atlantic
- THE AZORES ISLANDS ARE ELECTED AMONG THE 10 MOST SUSTAINABLE LEADERS IN THE WORLD AND THE BEST ATLANTIC DESTINATION
- THE AZORES ISLANDS WINS THE PLATINUM QUALITY COAST DESTINATION OF THE WORLD
- THE AZORES REGION WINS EUROPE’S SAFEST DESTINATION FOR 2020
- THE AZORES ISLANDS RECEIVES EUROPE’S ‘BEST OF NATURE’ AWARD
- THE AZORES ISLANDS NOMINATED AS THE WORLD’S ‘BEST DIVING DESTINATIONS’ FOR 2019
START OF TOUR/PICK UP ARRANGED